Saturday 10 September 2016

Game report 08.09.16 50SS Jack Daw vs Dreamer

Game report - 08.09.2016

50SS Jack Daw (daniello_s) vs Dreamer (Gavin)

Deployment: Close Deployment
Strategy: Collect the Bounty
Schemes: Convict Labour, Hunting Party, Exhaust Their Forces, Set Up, Search The Ruins

Gavin brought:
Dreamer (4SS pool) - Restless Dreams, Tantrum, On Wings of Darkness
Nekima - The True Mother, Rapid Growth
Bishop - Mimic's Blessing
Doppelganger
2x Terror Tot
Primordial Magic

Jack Daw (4SS pool) - Writhing Torment, Twist and Turn, 3x Injustice
(Curse-giver and reliable hitter who also supports his Tormented crew)
Mad Dog Brackett
(shooting support who can negate any bonuses for cover which improves his and Dead Outlaws chances to hit enemy models)
Johana - Bigger They Are
(hitter who can punish heavily models with upgrades attached plus condition removal)
The Guilty
(used to Torment Johana and Mad Dog and scheme runner)
Nurse
(annoying toolbox with her Take Your Meds action)
2x Dead Outlaw
(range support whose damage spread bumps up once he hits models with upgrade attached)
Jaakuna Ubume
(lure-support to drag enemy models into open where Mad Dog and Outlaws can hit them with their guns)

Gavin picked Hunting Party and Convict Labour
I took Hunting Party and Search The Ruins

This game was the first test of Mad Dog. I was really interested in giving him (her in my case as I'm proxy this model with girl with saw-off shotgun) a try. My idea for the game was to use lure from Jaakuna and Mad Dog's Blown Apart Marker to utilize very good shooting abilities of crew. Also I wanted to practice this crew as I love the idea of Jack and his gang punishing heavily any enemy model with upgrade attached (Outlaws in distance, Johana in melee).

Deployment: Dreamer deployed first (Jack's crew at the bottom left side of the picture)


I decided to keep my models in the loose bobble instead of stretching them out along whole table. This should allow me to concentrate damage on one or two models a turn.

Turn 1
Initiative: Dreamer

Key actions/moments:

- Dreamer's crew pushed aggressively toward the centre line with Bishop flanking me on my left and Nekima on the right. Dreamer and Doppelganger moved towards the centre section and Tots were running on my right flank to drop scheme markers ASAP. Doppelganger walked into the wooden area and used Blend In action to put me on negative flips if I decide to use Sh actions against her. Dreamer walked once and started to shoot my models - Johana was hit twice and Nurse once (for 4 damage and Paralyze trigger).

- I tormented Mad Dog and Johana and because my hand was poor (9,8, 4,4, 2,1 after stoning for extra cards...) I wasn't planning to to major things this turn. However I saw a chance to remove this pesky Doppelganger and decide to go for it. I successfully lured her twice (good flips) into the open and close enough for Jack to attack her and Johana to be pushed in melee range for flurry. So Jack attacked her once giving her Fire Injustice and then Johana finished her with two strikes.
One Outlaw focused and shot Terror Tot in woods but missed. Other Outlaw used push from Jack and a single walk to get into range of Primordial Magic and hit it for 2 damage (By the way, Primordial made him insignificant in return).
Mad Dog used push and single walk to drop Blown Apart Marker near Dreamer who was hiding in the woods and then shot enemy master flipping Red Joker on single negative damage flip. Gavin prevented 1 damage so Dreamer was left on 3 wounds.



Upkeep phase:
No VPs scored by either side.

Score after turn 1: Jack 0 - Dreamer 0

Turn 2
Initiative: Dreamer

Key actions/moments:

- Winning initiative was a key thing and I was able to flip 10 but Gavin re-flipped red Joker so he went first. If I were to go first poor Dreamer would be dead instantly...
- Dreamer activated first and brought Johana to the last wound with his shooting, then summoned Chompy behind the building.
- I knew Johana is in danger as Nekima could double-walk and smack her or use her Black Blood action to kill her so I runaway with her to be safe from danger and heal her with Nurse. Unfortunately Bishop took an opportunity to activate next and charge Nurse (walk first with his Swift) killing her. After this Gavin declared Hunting Party.
- I knew  have to start killing his beaters this turn so one Outlaw and Jaakuna shot Bishop hurting him and then Jack finished him off. At this stage I was getting VP for Collect the Bounty this turn.Jack also hit Chompy giving him Fire Injustice.
- Nekima and Tots dropped scheme markers for Convict Labour and Chompy walked closer to my models. Primordial wasn't able to do anything as second Dead Outlaw finished him off before he could activate.
- Mad Dog used push to get Nekima in range and shot her 2 times for 6 damage (one miss with Rapid Fire).
- Guilty pushed once to block Chompy from getting to close to my models. Guilty also dropped scheme marker for Search the Ruins.



Upkeep phase:
Jack Daw: +1VP Collect the Bounty
Dreamer: +1VP Convict Labor, +1VP Hunting Party

Score after turn 2: Jack 1 - Dreamer 2


Turn 3
Initiative: Jack

Key actions/moments:

- I used my first activation to finish off Nekima with Mad Dog's rapid fire. In return Chompy killed Guilty and then walked once and sacrificed himself to unbury Dreamer behind the building. Unfortunately for Gavin, Jack was able to get into position to attack Dreamer with his Ca action - first hit went through and I flipped Red Joker on single negative damage flip again. As Gavin had no more soulstones left (burned them for cards and one damage prevention) Dreamer was effectively dead. Jack also attacked Tot giving him Guillotine Injustice. Game was practically over now but we kept playing anyway.
- Dead Outlaw was able to kill one of the Tots. Second Tot run away behind building. Rest of my models started a hunt after last remaining Neverborn model on the table.




Upkeep phase:
Jack Daw: +1VP Collect the Bounty
Dreamer: +1VP Convict Labor, +1VP Hunting Party

Score after turn 3: Jack 2 - Dreamer 4


Turn 4
Initiative: Dreamer

Key actions/moments:

- Tot has died of the Dead Outlaws hand and I dropped two markers on opponent's half of the table for Search the Ruins. We called game here.


Upkeep phase:
Jack Daw: +1VP Collect the Bounty, +1VP Hunting Party, 3VP Search the Ruins

Final score: Jack 7 - Dreamer 4 (or 9-4 if we were to play turn 5).

Few thoughts after the game:
- Dead Outlaws and Bigger They Are upgrade is a very strong buff for Jack. It bumped nicely the damage output of his crew. I'll play this crew few more times as I think it is quite versatile.
- Mad Dog is interesting piece of support. His Blown Apart marker can ruin enemy's day (especially when Outlaw is lurking nearby and Jack was able to stack any Curse on this enemy model already) and his shooting is very strong. What is also important his main weakness - 1'' melee only, is nicely leveled with extra push from Jack so he can have a choice to push away from enemy model to shoot him freely after or to push closer to attack with his MI. I think I'll use him quite often in Jack's crew in nearest future.

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment