Saturday 31 December 2016

Game report 30.12.16 50SS Levi vs Puppet Seamus

Game report - 30.12.2016

50SS Levi (daniello_s) vs Puppet Seamus (Owen)


Because of this special time of the year (and special table we were about to play on) we decided to use masters which are uniquely fitted into the winter time: Santa Seamus and his Rotten Elves vs Santa Levi and his four Reindeer team ;)

Owen brought:
Seamus (6SS pool) - Red Chapel Killer, Bag O'Tools
Madame Sybelle
Carrion Emissary - Carrion Conflux
Copycat Killer
2x Rotten Belle
2x Necropunk
Canine Remains

I took:
Levi (4SS pool) - Oathkeeper
(killing machine and Abomination summoner with the melee attack only)
Hodgepodge Emissary - Conflux of Aetheral
(model which allows to use four horsemen list)
Dead Rider
(heavy beat-stick; Waif anchor)
Hooded Rider
(second heavy beat-stick; Waif anchor)
Pale Rider
(scheme runner; Waif anchor)
2x Hollow Waif
(Levi's life insurance)

Owen picked: Catch and Release and A Quick Murder (Dead Rider)
I took: Take Prisoner (Rotten Belle - Misaki Puppet) and A Quick Murder (Carrion Emissary)

Deployment: Levi deployed first (at the bottom of the photo):


Turn 1
Initiative: Seamus

Key actions/moments:

- Typical turn full of positioning. I tried to stay rather at the distance just to force Seamus to jump as close as possible to me if he wanted to hit one of my Riders on turn 1. Hodgepodge Emissary gave Regeneration trinket to Hooded Rider and transformed itself into Mech Rider.
- Seamus took bait and jumped very far to take a single Focused shot at Dead Rider but I cheated Red Joker for defense and Seamus missed. Thanks to that he was rather exposed and I hoped to snatch inititative on turn 2 to hit him hard.




Upkeep phase:
No VP scored by either side

Score after turn 1: Levi 0 - Seamus 0

Turn 2
Initiative: Seamus

Key actions/moments:

- Seamus unfortunately won initiative and shot Dead Rider really hard (Focus + shot) - 2 out of 8 damage was reduced thanks to Riders passive ability. Then Seamus used nearby Mindless Zombie to jump away into safety. This Seamus + Carrion Emissary combo is so annoying...
- Levi shot Carrion Emissary twice and left it on 4 wounds remaining (with Slow on the top of it). Then Carrion Emissary blocked me off Owen's crew again.
- Pale Rider killed Canine Remains.
- Necropunks leaped successfully twice and put Catch & Release on Pale and Mech Riders.
- Hooded Rider charged one Necropunk but Black Joker flipped on damage prevented me from killing it... Bollocks... Dead Rider charged other Necropunk and torn it to pieces.
- Mech Rider failed to summon anything this turn.
- Because Owen had more models within Extraction marker he placed it 3'' away from me at the end of the turn.



Upkeep phase:
Levi: 1VP Extraction
Seamus: 1VP Extraction, 1VP Catch and Release

Score after turn 2: Levi 1 - Seamus 2


Turn 3
Initiative: Levi

Key actions/moments:

- Levi snatched opportunity to finish off Carrion Emissary but unfortunately he also failed to kill nearby Mindless Zombie.
- Seamus jumped again and fired at Dead Rider (Focus + shot) but I was able to tie the flips which put Seamus on single negative flip which resulted with Weak damage and 2 of it was prevented with Dead Rider's ability. After that I decided to put a huge pressure on Seamus and Dead Rider charged hit hitting him 3 times. Twice I pulled Seamus away from his crew and with third hit I forced hit to take Horror Duel which he passed. I should really pulled him again instead. The good thing was that Seamus was left on the last wound (I flipped Red Joker on damage once) and he burnt lots of stones to prevent some of this damage.
- Unfortunately Owen was able to lure Seamus away 4 times which got him away from my other Riders and engaging one of the Waifs.
- My hand was severely depleted by now (and generally I had quite poor cards this turn) so I failed to to kill Seamus off. What's worse I activated Hooded Rider to early and Madame Sybelle was able to tagged summoned nearby Arachnid with Catch and Release without being counter-attacked by Hooded Rider.
- Copycat Killer jumped into base contact with Seamus, focused and fired at Hooded Rider. I was able to to put him on negative damage flip but he pulled Red Joker... Crap crap crap...
- Owen again had more models within Extraction marker he placed it 3'' away from me at the end of the turn.




Upkeep phase:
Levi: 1VP Extraction, 3VP A Quick Murder
Seamus: 1VP Extraction, 1VP Catch and Release, 3VP A Quick Murder

Score after turn 3: Levi 5 - Seamus 7

Turn 4
Initiative: Seamus

Key actions/moments:

- Seamus focused and shot Levi removing it from the table this turn. He also summoned a Rotten Belle this turn.
- Hooded and Pale Riders tried to kill Sybelle but Owen bounced off 2 attacks cheating defensive with high cards so I was able to put her on last wound only. Then Owen used similar trick to lure Sybelle into safety...
- Mech Rider summoned another Arachnid, then she focused and fired at Seamus (who was in hard cover) but despite my high flip Owen bounced it off with Red Joker cheated from his hand...
- Brave Waif charged wounded Necropunk and killed it.
- Copycat tarpit my models nicely at the end of the turn.
- Owen placed the Extraction marker further away again.
- I pushed towards the Extraction marker to secure points for strategy. By this time I knew I won't win this game and all I can hope for is a draw. There was still a chance to achieve it as the Belle I marked for Take Prisoner was isolated from the rest of her crew.
- Just for the records. This turn Owen's control hand looked like that: Red Joker, 2x13, 11, 9 and one low card. Try to beat that, Levi! :)




Upkeep phase:
Levi: 1VP Extraction
Seamus: 1VP Extraction, 1VP Catch and Release

Score after turn 4: Levi 6 - Seamus 9

Turn 5
Initiative: Seamus

Key actions/moments:

- Owen pulled Sybelle and Seamus away from my crew. Seamus also summoned another Belle.
- Pale Rider killed Copycat Killer and pushed closer to Extraction marker. This way I freed up my models to go as I wanted to and thankfully Owen did what was pretty obvious in this moment - he delivered the Rotten Belle I marked as my prisoner right between my models! Yay! ;)
- Rest of the turn I marked that I really want to get to Sybelle/Seamus with my Hooded Rider or Levi as Owen thought one of those might be my Prisoner target. Just for fun I put Reactivate on Hooded Rider (Mech's 0 action) and then I pushed and moved all the way to get charge against Seamus and kill this pesky fellow just to make me smile :)
- Game ended this turn as we both scored max VPs during this game.



(above is photo of the Belle taken prisoner by Levi himself and by Mech Rider).

Upkeep phase:
Levi: 1VP Extraction, 3VP Take Prisoner
Seamus: 1VP Extraction

Final score: Levi 10 - Seamus 10

This was extremely good game and really nice ending of the 2016 gaming year.

Till next time (which will be in 2017 ;))))!

No comments:

Post a Comment